Create Your Plan of Action for Your Vision
The following are examples to help you create your statement and action plan for successfully living to fulfill your vision. This format can be used for any vision. The examples given relate to weight loss and diet changes for your total wellness.
Why you create a vision is not just for the change it will bring. It is for the happiness and joy it brings into your life.
Happiness is a short term state of mind. Joy is a state of being that comes when your new character is the core of who you are and existing in a intimate relationship with God. Your vision must be big enough to have room for God. That is your vision is beyond what you can do alone.
At least twice each day you will read your statement aloud or at least in a whisper.
Be consistent and persistent. Read it carefully and intently. I want you to be a faithful and fruitful disciple and steward of all that you have been created to be.
1. Your name and who you are. I am ________, a child of God, created in the image of God.
2. What you are going to do. State the outcome of your vision. I will weigh___. I will feed my body with nourishing foods that I enjoy. I will set an example of good health through my behavior with food and my time. I will take full responsibility for the health of my body, mind and spirit. Add what specific actions your will take. These will likely change as your knowledge grows, therefore I encourage you to re-write this weekly for the first two months and then at least monthly OR anytime you feel you are slipping in your commitment to your vision. This should be a life-long habit to secure permanent change.
3. Where are you going to do it. Write down the places you will be controlling your behavior with food and time. Describe the places with sensory detail. What will you smell, hear, taste, touch and see in each location. State the places where you will find the temptations to break your plan.
4. When are you going to do it. Note the times and places when treats and unexpected challenges may appear to threaten your plan.
5. How will you live when you are living your vision or describe your life when you are in control and experiencing the benefits of wisdom, increased stature ( character, self-esteem) and living to honor God and man with your health practices.
This plan can be much more than weight, health and exercise. Be open to a total lifestyle overhaul- with the help of God and the Holy Spirit.
If you have specific questions email me at email@example.com and I will answer them as soon as possible.
“If you want to reach a goal, you must “see the reaching” in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.” Zig Ziglar
Enjoy Health Now and Tomorrow,
Dr. Darrel Hestdalen